Rose Window West Emory Presbyterian Church

West Emory is a small, family-friendly church in west Knoxville, Tennessee. We believe in serving our community through mission and charity.  We are a member of the Presbytery of East Tennessee, in the Synod of Living Waters, within the Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA).


Minister Rev. Wyn Bryant (Interim) Email Pastor Wyn
Music Director Gwen Bridge Email Gwen
Pianist Harriet Greer
Children's Education Linda Whitehead Email Linda
Treasurer Bill Hall Email Bill
Preschool Director Alicia McMillan Email Alicia


2018 2019 2020
Scott Atchley Kenneth Atwood Gwen Bridge
David Little Seth Fischer
Ann Naylor Greg Robertson Linda Whitehead


1823 Organized as the first Cumberland Presbyterian Church in East Tennessee (log building and "Brush Arbor Shed", mile west of present Pellissippi Parkway).
1858 Log "Meeting House" replaced by a wood frame building.
???? Part of congregation moved into Concord and built a building there (foundation - in the cemetery on 2nd Street).
1870 Part of congregation moved to our present location (land donated by the Koon Family) wooden building - dismantled and moved to site of red brick building. Church named West Emory Presbyterian Church after two pastors: Samuel West and Isaac Emory.
1904 The Reverend Isaac Emory is killed in the famous New Market train wreck.
1906 West Emory left the Cumberland Church and joined the "northern" Presbyterian Church (Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A.).
1941 The wooden building burned.
1944 Brick building built. West Emory joined the "Southern" Presbyterian Church (Presbyterian U.S.).
1983 Present sanctuary dedicated. "Northern" and "Southern" Presbyterians unite to become Presbyterian Church U.S.A. (PCUSA).


West Emory has a graveyard with plots available. Please contact the church office for more information.

West Emory Presbyterian Church Graveyard Registry

Here's an interesting fact: a graveyard is attached to a church. Otherwise, it is a cemetery.

1035 Emory Church Road  •  Knoxville, TN  •  37922  •  (865) 690-5333
Copyright   ©  2013   •  Established 1823  •   Webmaster